Reporting to: Chief Technical Officer
You will be expected to ensure all Video facilities are provided as specified on schedule.
These include but are not limited to:
- Leading preparation of the truck or derig facility at our warehouse
- Signing off preparations and the load of equipment ready for the OB.
- Deployment of the truck or derig facility onsite.
- Representing the technical facility alongside the Unit Manager to the Client.
- Engineering responsibility of the entire Video system from Camera to delivery point to Circuits.
You will need to have at least 5 years experience and competence in the following:
- SDI or/and IP Broadcast Video Systems High Definition (Ultra HD preferred).
- Third party control systems (Axon Cerebrum preferred).
- Broadcast environment of Sport and Light Entertainment.
- Setup and basic Operational knowledge of Vision Switcher products (Sony & Snell preferred).
- End to end familiarity with Sony Broadcast Camera Systems - HDC, BPU, CCU, RCP.
- Lead role or competence in the shading and painting of cameras for broadcast.
- Integration of Audio into Video signals for local use and program delivery.
- Competence in IT systems used in Broadcast environments.
- Competence in the deployment and testing of temporary electrical systems (up to 125A 3 phase).
A successful applicant will display the following attributes:
- Ability to lead a team towards a time constrained objective.
- Personable communication skills with both Client and colleagues.
- Capacity to problem solve and adapt when situations require.
- Willingness to mentor and train junior Engineers.
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in the pressurised Live Broadcast environment.
- Enthusiasm to identify and assess new workflows when appropriate.
- Willingness to be involved in first line maintenance of systems and items.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken by CTV you will be required to travel and at times spend long periods away from home. You should also be physically fit and able work at platform heights of up to 4m.